Recall the Passion of Christ on Good Friday – DI Radio Show and Podcast
Description: Dan and Melissa strongly recommend watching The Passion of the Christ on Good Friday evening to more effectively meditate on the brutal reality that Our Lord entered into to redeem the world.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Having a visually realistic portrayal of the event of our Lord’s Passion and death to meditate upon.
- Mary’s role in the Passion and the emotional suffering she endured.
- Scenes of the everyday life of the Holy Family.
- The meditations of those acting in the movie during the scene.
- Suggestions on how to watch the movie on Good Friday.
- SpiritualDirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Passion of the Christ – a Mel Gibson film
- Inside the Passion of the Christ – Fr. John Bartunek
- Luke 2:33-35 – “The child’s father and mother were amazed at what was said about him; and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ‘Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be contradicted (and you yourself a sword will pierce) so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.'”
- Our Lady of Sorrows (posts on SpiritualDirection.com):
- The Passion: Photography from the Movie “The Passion of the Christ” – TAN books
- Veronica’s Veil – poetry by Donna Sue Barry, post on SpiritualDirection.com
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – “May the God of peace himself make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” – USCCB Bible link
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the arrow below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!