Live Today Well: St. Francis de Sales’s Simple Approach to Holiness – DI Radio Show and Podcast
Description: Dan and Melissa speak with Fr. Thomas Dailey about his book Live Today Well: St. Francis de Sales’s Simple Approach to Holiness.
Questions/Topics discussed on the show:
- Who is St. Francis de Sales and what is appealing about his spirituality?
- How does St. Francis make holiness available to everyone regardless of vocation?
- What is St. Francis’ approach to prayer and does he advocate mental prayer?
- What times during the day should we pray and what should these prayers look like?
- How does St. Francis suggest that we begin every day?
- How can we orient our minds to God during our meals?
- What is “direction of intention” and why is it the key to holiness?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Live Today Well: St. Francis de Sales’s Simple Approach to Holiness by Fr. Thomas Dailey, O.S.F.S.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the arrow below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!