The Love that God Has For Us Through Every Circumstance
Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles make known the love that God has for us through every circumstance, and the hope we can garner during our trials through His eternal love.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Thérèse offers great consolation and encouragement to her sister, Celine, as she faces criticism and disapproval from others for desiring to enter Carmel while their father is plagued with mental illness.
- What is the basis for St. Thérèse’s encouragement?
- How can others’ sinfulness be good for us?
- How can we have hope in the midst of suffering?
- How can we experience peace through suffering?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the arrow below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!