Why Pray? – Part III of III – DI Radio Show and Podcast
Description: Why pray? In this last installment of the Why Pray? series, Dan and Melissa discuss what prayer is and debunk the popular idea that prayer is just a means of attaining what we want.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is prayer?
- How do the saints describe a healthy, meaningful prayer life?
- How can we avoid treating God like a vending machine?
- What is the result of a deep prayer life?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- From the forward by Matthew Kelley: “Prayer is difficult, joyful, challenging, and life-changing. The journey into prayer, into the heart of God, is the reason we were made; it is the reason God brought us into existence…”
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!