Discernment of Spirits: Rule 10 “Preparing for Spiritual Desolation”
Description: During this episode of Divine Intimacy Radio, Dan and Melissa explore what it means to prepare oneself for spiritual desolation and to place one’s confidence in God.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Rule 10: “The tenth: Let him who is in consolation think how he will be in the desolation which will come after, taking new strength for then.”
- When in consolation, how do we prepare ourselves for upcoming desolation?
- How does a melancholic personality approach this strategy without falling into desperation and depression?
- What does it mean to place our confidence in God?
- How do we discern between desolation and anxiety of daily life?
- How can we properly discern a vocation to the religious life?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Father Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V
- Spiritual Consolation: An Ignatian Guide for Greater Discernment of Spirits by Father Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!