Should I Stop My Public Speaking?
Should I Stop my Public Speaking?
During my recent convalescence, I prayed about the toll that frequent travel was taking on my body and seriously considered discontinuing public speaking. A few things motivated me in another direction. First, we receive speaking requests weekly. This could be interpreted as an invitation from God to continue to make this happen. Second, we recognize that this kind of travel and speaking is one of the few ways to really make a personal connection with you, and to serve many we couldn’t reach in any other way.
After prayer, consulting with a few friends, and much conversation considering ways we could still continue our outreach while minimizing the impact, I believe that Wisdom revealed an approach that we are committed to in the coming year and beyond.
We were about to make a public announcement but we are stuck – we can’t seem to come up with a name for the event that says what we want to say. So, I thought you might be able to help. To help you help us, all of those who attend will, by God’s grace, be invited to:
- Enter into the reality of Christ’s saving power through conversion
- Gain an understanding of His ever-deepening call to prayer and learn how we can move from basic prayer to a rich prayer life that brings peace and joy in the midst of our daily struggles
- Discover a very clear and practical path to daily engaging with God in a way that will be life changing for those who chose it
The event will cover about three and a half hours and will involve music, beautiful art, and transformational wisdom from those who have trod the path to God so well that we now call them Saints.
I know many of you are happy to help us without an incentive but, if you propose an event name that we use, we will gladly send you signed hardback copies of my last three books:
- Navigating the Interior Life
- 30 Days with St. Teresa of Avila (with Dr. Anthony Lilles)
- Finding God through Meditation (by St. Peter of Alcántara)
So, if you would like to suggest a name! Once we get a few options from you, we will publish the ones we like most and have you all vote on them. We will send one free book to everyone who ends up suggesting a name that makes the top ten list.
Also, in the meantime, if you want to get a jump on the crowd and invite us to come to visit your neck of the woods, click here and tell us a bit about your parish or group.
I am looking forward to your feedback and hope to see you soon!
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!