What is Mercy? – Mercy Mission (Part I of III)
What is Mercy?
Mercy Mission (Part I of III)
Father Michael Najim preached this “Mercy Mission” in March prior to Holy Week over the course of three days. And, he has graciously shared it with us in order that we might share it with you. Today, we will bring you the first part of the “Mercy Mission”. It will be followed in the next two days with part two and part three.
For part one of the “Mercy Mission”, Father Najim’s talk begins at 13:45 with a Gospel reading and ends at 41:26. But, you may certainly watch the entire video if you like. We apologize, in advance, for ads which we were unable to remove, and we ask your mercy! It’s the only way we could bring you this excellent resource.
During his talk, you will hear Father Najim mention a few references. So, we’ve included some of these references below the actual video itself.
References in Part One of Father Najim’s “Mercy Mission”:
- Misericordiae Vultus — Papal Bull of Indiction of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy
- The Name of God is Mercy — Book by Pope Francis
- Evangelii Gaudium (The Joy of the Gospel) — Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis
- The Parables of Mercy:
- The Two Debtors and Their Creditor (Luke 7:36-50)
- The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
- Finding the Lost Shepard and the Lost Coin (Luke 15:1-10)
- The Merciful Father (Luke 15:11-32)
- The Rich Man and the Beggar Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31)
- The Judge and the Widow (Luke 18:1-8)
- The Pharisee and the Publican in the Temple (Luke 18:9-14)
Editor’s Note: In part two of this “Mercy Mission”, Fr Najim will talk about receiving God’s mercy and will offer a guided meditation.
Art: Die Rückkehr des verlorenen Sohns (The Return of the Prodigal Son), Otto Mengelberg, 1848, PD-US author’s life plus 70 years or less, Wikimedia Commons.
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!