Aridity and Dryness in Prayer Series
A comprehensive listing of spiritual direction posts on this site regarding dryness in prayer, or aridity, and the difficulties this can cause with one’s prayer life. Some posts on the dark night which touch on dryness or aridity, are included as well. Click on the titles of the post to access them.
- Adoration, Silence and the Lamp of Fire – Part II of II
- Aridity – Navigating the Interior Life Spiritual Dictionary
- Mother Teresa:
- From the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila:
- Consolation and Desolation – What does it Really Mean?
- Dark Night or Depression?
- The Desert in Carmelite Spirituality
- From the classic Carmelite meditation book Divine Intimacy:
- Aridity — Divine Intimacy
- Aridity and Contemplation — Divine Intimacy
- Aridity and Progress — Divine Intimacy
- Consolation and Abandonment — Divine Intimacy
- Desolation and Darkness — Divine Intimacy
- Fortitude and Patience — Divine Intimacy
- Interior Trials — Divine Intimacy
- Loving Attention to God — Divine Intimacy
- The Night of the Spirit — Divine Intimacy
- Unitive Love — Divine Intimacy
- Divine Intimacy Radio:
- Wisdom on Mental Prayer – 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Day 8
- Spiritual Aridity — 30 Days with Teresa of Avila — Day 9 and 10 Reflections
- Heights of Prayer — 30 Days with Teresa of Avila — Day 26 Part I
- Preparing for Lent — Part 2
- Reflections on Finding God Through Meditation — Distractions in Prayer and Methods of Prayer
- Questions on Prayer — Part I
- Discernment of Spirits: Rule 9 “Aridity vs Desolation”
- Dryness in Prayer Series:
- Keeping Faith Alive during Life’s Dark Nights Series:
- Part I – How faith is a response to revelation, how it penetrates the veil of the ordinary, and how it is essential to our relationship with God
- Part II – The general patterns of growth which we experience
- Part III – How to keep faith alive during our lives’ dark nights
- Part IV – Conclusion of how to keep faith alive during these dark nights
- I cannot feel God’s Presence, Am I a Bad Person?
- Longing for the Face of God – Navigating the Interior Life (Part II of IV)
- My Spiritual Growth Efforts Don’t seem to Get Results. Help!
- Prayer of St. Augustine on Aridity
- Sayings of Light and Love by Saint John of the Cross:
- What is the Difference between Desolation and Aridity?
- What is Spiritual Consolation?
- What to Do when the Well Runs Dry:
- Book Club:
- The Perfect Chapters for February — on St. Francis de Sales’ An Introduction to the Devout Life
Photography: Bryce Canyon, Lois Sapio, 2015, all rights reserved, used with permission.
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!