Human Frailty – 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Reflections on Day 25
30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 25 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
How can we recognize temptations from the enemy when they are disguised as good works? What do our human frailties have to do with this? Join Dan and Melissa as they discuss St. Teresa’s advice to a friend in a letter from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Does God grant special graces? What is a special grace?
- How can we know if God has granted us special graces?
- Does God work on us through our human frailties?
- How does good spiritual direction help us recognize what is, and what is not, a grace from God?
- What is the proper response to a gift from God?
- How does the enemy disguise his temptations?
- Some clues to help recognize the work of the enemy.
- The enemy varies his attack based on the spiritual state of the subject.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – Online
- Phillippians 4:7-8 – USCCB Bible link
- Sr. Magdalena of the Cross–Franciscan Nun who had a pact with the devil for 40 years and also allegedly fasted from food for eleven years.
- Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Finding God Through Meditation – St. Peter of Alcántara
- Temptations of an Apostolic Heart – Dan Burke spiritualdirection.com post
- http://avila-institute.com – Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!