Contemplative Prayer: 30 Days with Teresa of Avila Day 21 Reflections
30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 21 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
Dan and Melissa discuss stages of prayer and the transitions between the stages, focusing particularly on contemplative prayer. Join them as they reflect on letters of St. Teresa from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is contemplative prayer, or contemplation?
- How does contemplative prayer differ from meditation and other forms of prayer?
- How to recognize contemplative prayer.
- What to do when one experiences contemplative prayer.
- Melissa shares a personal experience as an example of contemplative prayer.
- What are the fruits of contemplation?
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalog – online
- Navigating the Interior Life – Dan Burke
- Divine Intimacy – Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen
- http://avila-institute.com – Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- The Better Part – Fr. John Bartunek
- Finding God Through Meditation – St. Peter of Alcántara
- The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross – Kieran Kavanaugh and Otilio Rodriguez
- Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila, Vol. 2 – Kieran Kavanaugh and Otilio Rodriguez
- http://www.ncregister.com – National Catholic Register
- In Conversation with God – Francis Fernandez
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!