Having a Rule of Life: 30 Days w/ Teresa of Avila: Day 20 reflections
Having a Rule of Life
30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 20 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
Listen to reflections on letters from St. Teresa of Avila found in Dan Burke’s book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila. In today’s show Dan and Melissa answer the questions: What is a “rule of life”? Why do you need one? How do you make one?
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Motivation vs. structure when making a plan for loving God.
- How to start with a “small yes”.
- The importance of having a written plan.
- How to identify your root sin. Why do you need to?
- How to find joy in discipline and beauty in structure via a Rule of Life.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalog – online
- Navigating the Interior Life – Dan Burke
- Navigating the Interior Life – Study Guide – Dan Burke
- Thirsting for Prayer – Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Time for God – Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace – Fr. Jacques Philippe
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!