The blessings of suffering: 30 Days w/ Teresa of Avila: day 15 reflections
The Blessings of Suffering:
30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 15 Reflections
Can suffering be a blessing? How to understand God’s role in our suffering. Dan and Melissa look at St. Teresa’s attitude toward suffering as they reflect on her letters from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can suffering be considered a blessing?
- Seeking positive diversions when faced with suffering.
- The dangers of destructive forms of escape from suffering.
- Can suffering lead to peace?
- How can we understand God’s will in our suffering?
- Understanding suffering comes in stages – a pathway rather than a destination.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- 2 Corinthians, Chapter 4 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/2corinthians/4
- Romans, Chapter 8 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/romans/8
- Acts, Chapter 5 – http://origin.usccb.org/bible/acts/5
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show:
please consider supporting our mission with a donation!